Sep 4  # 1 of 4
My boyfriend and I got into a small discussion the other night when I was making pasta out of a box. We purchased two boxes of the pasta, and decided it would be best to cook them all together to save us some time. I believe that the way we should have gone about this is doubling all the recipe, including the time to cook and all the ingredients. This was all done through the microwave. He however believes that this theory is flawed. It did work for that night (I only knew it would from prior experience), however, he said that for future cooking, he wouldn't recommend depending on it. I am curious how this should have been handled, if we shouldnt rely on that theory in the future, and what I should do in place of it, under the circumstances of doubling a recipe. Thank you all that reply ;-)
Serena20986
Sep 4  # 2 of 4
I never seem to have a problem cooking a douled recipe. I don't think you really need to double the cooking tme just the water
Sep 4  # 3 of 4
If you double a recipe that's made in the microwave, you don't need to necessarily double the cooking time but you do need to increase it. Most recipes have directions for this.
Sep 8  # 4 of 4
This reminds me of people who turn up the heat to decrease the amount of time they need to cook... for some reason.