Jan 9  # 1 of 12
I'm having a problem in my new place keeping peppers fresh. My new city is near the coast, and I think it might have something to do with the humidity...I never had this problem before - in my old place I'd leave them in a basket on the counter for a week and they'd be fine...but here I'm getting 3 or 4 days before they turn. Any tips/tricks? Could it just be a new market having bad produce?
Jan 9  # 2 of 12
I always keep my bell peppers in the bottom drawer of my refrigerator. I surprised that you could keep pepper fresh without the refrigerator for three to four days. My recommendation would be to place them in the more humid part of your refrigerator and they ought to keep fine for 7 days or more.
Jan 10  # 3 of 12
I store my peppers in an airtight container or a sealed plastic bag in the crisper for about a one week. It is really best to store it in the refrigerator. But you have to make sure that you buy fresh peppers from the market, not the stocked, rotting ones.
Jan 10  # 4 of 12
Ya, as I said in my introduction - I'm a recent college grad w/ NO experience in the kitchen...thanks for answering such a basic question!
Jan 10  # 5 of 12
I store fresh sweet peppers in plastic bag in the refrigerator too. The fresh hot peppers ones, I store in paper towels before refrigerating and the dried hot ones are stored in airtight containers like used bottles of peanut butter or something like that.