Feb 25  # 1 of 9
Maybe some of you can help me out here....our new place has a gas stove. Now I love cooking on gas, there is just one thing that annoys me about gas though. It always left black char on the bottom of my pots and pans :mad: I used to have Revere Ware and it literally destroyed the looks!
Cathy
Feb 25  # 2 of 9
Sounds to me as though the regulator and/or venturii valves weren't adjusted properly.

Gas is absolutely clean burning when the oven is regulated properly, and should not produce any soot.

You can tell if it needs adjusting. A sooty flame will burn yellow, instead of the clear blue it's supposed to be.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the oven you had was adjusted for LPG and you were burning natural gas.
Feb 25  # 3 of 9
Thanks KYH,

I remember we had a propane tank in the back yard, and that old stove was the dirtiest burning thing, I bet there was never an adjustment made period! I may have had gas some more times since then (maybe in base housing) but my memory does not recall exactly.:eek:-they say the first thing to go is our memory LOL.

This is for sure natural gas, as they installed the meter today. I was not there so I am hopeful the Service Technician was on the ball and made sure all was well after he got the gas going to the stove! It will take some getting used to cooking on gas again after all these years on electric :o I actually feel intimidated! I am sure after I fire that puppy up and cook one splendid meal on it I will be just fine! It's like pre-wedding jitters HA :D

Thanks Again, Cathy
Feb 25  # 4 of 9
Hmmmmmmm? Just what is it you're doing on that range? :D
Feb 25  # 5 of 9
:rolleyes: KYH If tomorrow I were to become a klutz and I were... well ya' know at the stove and I accidently engaged the burner Yooo-o-ouch!!! :o