Jul 9  # 1 of 4
Does anyone have a good recipe for Muhammara? I am having pretty good success except that I am not using the proper kind of chili paste and it is coming out way too spicy.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Jul 9  # 2 of 4
interesting, I have not made this, but found three recipes. one called for chili paste, but said a minced jalapeno could be subbed. Another called for crushed red pepper flakes and the third for a small minced hot pepper.

I would think the crushed red pepper would be the best way to control heat? Just remember as it sits it will get hotter!

except for that they are pretty much the same---

Recipe: Muhammara (an appetizer)
this on does not have the bell pepper-
Muhammara - Allrecipes
and
RecipeGullet - Recipe #474 - Muhammara

actually, I have all the stuff, think I will give this a try later and report back.

enjoy,
Nan
Jul 9  # 3 of 4
I have several recipes - here's one:

* 3 red bell peppers
* 1 medium yellow onion, diced
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
* 3/4 cup walnuts, crushed
* 1 1/2 tablespoon chili powder, or 1 fresh Fresno chile, chopped
* 1/4 teaspoon cumin

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and place whole red peppers on greased baking sheet. Roast for about 10-12 minutes, turning about every 4 minutes.

In the meantime, place breadcrumbs in food processor and add 2 tablespoons of cold water. Blend to make a puree. Add more water as needed.

Remove peppers from oven and peel off skin. Cut open and remove seeds. Cut into pieces and add to breadcrumbs mixture in food processor.

In a small saute pan, saute onions until lightly browned. Add sauteed onions and olive oil to food processor and blend to for a dip consistency.

Add remaining ingredients and blend, adding olive oil as needed.

Remove from processor and place in serving bowl. Serve with pita wedges, veggies, or even as a dipping sauce for kebabs.
Jul 9  # 4 of 4
does it not have the pomegranate?