Jul 23  # 1 of 3
Has anyone made tamales using polenta? Not the kind that comes in a log but the kind from the box that you have to add water and stuff? I want to make some for dinner tonight but need some tips on how to make them look and taste authentic. I have a feeling that once the polenta sets it'll be hard to fill them and seal the edges like the ones you get in restaurants or even the ones you get at COSTCO! :p

Also thanks everyone for your suggestions on the menu planning sheets. I actually found ONE on the mommytrackd website. they're called "Eat Sheets" but the site is kind of frustrating to use and you have to make sure that all of the information for your account is accurate because apparently you can't change it yourself. You have to contact the web hosts and have them do it. :mad:
Jul 23  # 2 of 3
Don't know about the polenta replacing the corn masa, but I would give it a shot, of-course you could have a flop or a winner, but it is worth a try none the less.

Too bad about the website being such a pain to access and use, you would think that they'd want more business and make the site easier to use! But glad you found what you are looking for!
Jul 23  # 3 of 3
I have seen this done - in place of the masa, polenta was cooled and cut into squares. It was stuffed with ricotta, sauce, etc.

so I don't think you will have a flop at all!