Jul 17  # 1 of 14
I found a good pot roast recipe in the recipe section but I don't have a roasting pan. I just have clear glass pyrex baking dishes. Can i use that instead?
Jul 19  # 2 of 14
Sure. The Pyrex baking dish will work fine for baking in the oven.
Jul 19  # 3 of 14
Gram had one roasting pan and one pyrex baking dish for the oven. She used that pyrex for everything and then she passed it down to me and I have been using it for the last 22 years! Brings back many wonderful memories.
Jul 20  # 4 of 14
You can use Pyrex for just about anything. That's why I love it - so versatile. Oven, microwave, whatever.
Jul 20  # 5 of 14
My favorite way to cook a pot roast is to take a nylon oven bag, toss in a chuck roast, and add peeled sliced potatoes (chunks), carrot pieces, and a few medium onions. Pour in a can of low or no sodium beef broth, and cook at 325 for 3 1/2 hours. I simply love the way the beef flavor passes to the potatoes, carrots, and onions. You can flavor this with garlic and ground pepper too. A salad on the side makes a full meal. This would cook well in the Pyrex pan, and the bag keeps the mess away from the glass so cleanup is easy.