Jul 26  # 1 of 6
How do I can a recepie that contains sour cream and cuc's ?????:confused::)
Jul 26  # 2 of 6
I dont think you can. Can you post the recipe you are trying to can?
Jul 27  # 3 of 6
I am using cuc's,vinegar,salt,suger,onion.sourcream. it lasts forever in the frig,I would like to cann it to give it for xmas. shoud i cann with out sourcream?Idont want to becouse that's what makes it so gooooood???. Someone please tell me it is posable.
Jul 27  # 4 of 6
I make a couple of different pickles and have never heard of canning a pickle with sour cream in them. I would think the sourcream would be a growing paradise for bacteria. I would not try it.
Jul 27  # 5 of 6
What you are making sounds like a lovely cucumber salad, served cold and so refreshing! You should not can it at all Johnny! If you wish to share it and give it as gifts do it fresh and give it on a same or next day basis only, letting the recipient know it should be eaten in a day or so, no longer.

If you were to try and can the cuc.'s the entire cooking process would change them you would not have the same thing that you are enjoying now in the seasoned sour cream sauce!!! And the canning process would make the cucumbers soft and mushy and I doubt very seriously you'd like the outcome!

Best Wishes and welcome to our forum!

CCCathy