Oct 13  # 1 of 5
It is said that spicey foods especially cooked with hot peppers can cure some common colds and allergies, it depends on your metabolism, some people simply cannot eat hot foods, this takes some getting used to, after a couple of tries your taste buds adapts, you then become an expert eating spicey foods.
Believe it or not - most Caribbean islanders refuse to cook unless there is a juicy hot pepper in their pot, and a favorite pepper tree in their garden or right outside their kitchen window. WOW! this brings back my childhood memories growing up in the Caribbean and running to pick a fresh hot pepper from the tree for my mommy to put in her chicken stew. The Caribbean old tale says eating spicey foods keeps you looking young.
Oct 13  # 2 of 5
Welcome to forum scubalaydee. Looking forward to some spicey recipes from you :)
Oct 13  # 3 of 5
Thanks ricksrealpitbbq for welcoming me, and I have lots of spicey surprises.
Oct 16  # 4 of 5
Welcome also. I too like my dishes a little on the spicy side. Looking forward to all your recipes. I don't have a pepper tree though. If you like to cook I'm sure you will love it here.
Oct 16  # 5 of 5
thanks fr welcoming me I have lots of spicey juicy recipes coming can't wait to try out your recipes