Nov 17  # 1 of 16
Hi,I've just joined and am looking forward to checking out this forum:) My name is Darlene and I live in Canada. I like to cook,do all kinds of crafts and gardening. I'm married and have two kids and one grandson. I also have pets which consist of three ferrets and two cats.

Eight months ago I changed my eating habits,because of allergies and just not feeling quite up to par. So I'm needing to figure out how to cook and coming up with new recipes. Hopefully if I have questions I'll be able to find the answers from this forum.

Darlene
Nov 17  # 2 of 16
Hello Darlene and welcome to Spice Place. If you like to cook you will love it here. My name is John but some just call me JP and I am stuck on a low sodium diet so we all have to cook around one restriction or another.
Nov 17  # 3 of 16
Welcome to SpicePlace Darlene! We will all gladly help you as much as we can, there are many members who have restrictions as John has pointed out, and it is nice to have some others to bounce ideas off of, and ask for help, and to receive inspiration from too!

You sound like you have some great hobbies, arts & crafts are right up my alley!:) I love to paint with watercolors that is! I love crafts of all kinds, what are some of your favorites?

Cheers, CCCathy
Nov 17  # 4 of 16
Hi there Darlene :)
Nov 18  # 5 of 16
Thanks for the welcome! Right now I'm trying to learn to cook dried beans. I'd like to get away from using canned beans.

I'm not sure what my favourite craft would be,too many to chose from,lol. Right now I'm working on a cross stitching project and crocheting pet toys for gifts.

Darlene