Jan 28  # 1 of 5
Not sure why I'm doing this,but thought give it a try anyway!
Anybody else on this thing from Oregon? Specifically the Portland/Vancouver/Oregon City Area?
I'm very interested in hearing about local cheesemakers,especially Goat Cheeses,as I have been a Dairy Goat Breeder in the past and also wish to sell more local cheeses at the store where i work.
Jan 29  # 2 of 5
Hello cheesewhiz and welcome to Spice Place. I can't help you with cheese at all since my low sodium diet banned it for me but I'm sure some of the others will jump in here any minute now.
Feb 3  # 3 of 5
Hey Cheesewhiz!

from one noob to another, welcome.

I too make cheese, but I live in AZ. When picking up muslin the other day at Wally World, the I was questioned about what I was using the muslin for (and why I did not want the heavier stuff) I nicely explained that I make cheese. Then, I was asked if I sold the stuff as they were both interested. Needless to say. locally sourced cheese is something that a lot of folks are looking for!

Good luck!

Chris
Feb 4  # 4 of 5
Howdy cheesewhiz :)
Feb 4  # 5 of 5
Hi cheesewhiz (and also Paniniguy!) Welcome to you both.

I think you'll both find this site a fun and cozy place to hang.

I'm from farm country in rural, central Illinois- but I did 13 years in Alaska and I got to know the Pacific Northwest pretty well. Love BC, WA and OR!

I've got friends from Portland to Medford and all along the coast. LOVE me some Oregon!