What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Argentina !!

cecilia

Hello !! My name is Cecilia and I live in Argentina. I am not a cheff and I have never cooked proffesionally. I cook for my family and I enjoy doing so.
My English is not very good but I can understand what I read and I hope I won't make too many mistakes while writing.
I have been looking for a forum from a different country of where I live, in the hope of finding new receipes and different ways of cooking.
I have been reading some of your posts and I think there is a friendly group in here.

Hello Cecilia, welcome to Spice Place. We here are all from different walks of life and countries and all enjoy food, cooking and sharing recipes.
I for one am looking towfoward to seeing what types of foods and recipes are native to Argentina and hope you will share as well.

Welcome Cecilia, we are glad to have you here. I'm sure your English is a lot better then our Spanish so don't you worry about it.

Hello Cecelia! Welcome to Spice Place! My name is Kevin.

Argentina? I lived with and loved someone for 8 years who was from Rio Gallegos, Santa Cruz way in the South...

Thank you all for your warm welcome !!
chubbyalaskagriz, Rio Gallegos is really in the South ! Far from where I live.
I live in La Plata, near Buenos Aires.

Welcome Cecilia we ARE a friendly bunch here! You will learn much and maybe even increase the types and styles of foods that you prepare if you just hang in there and keep trying to increase your knowledge. It is fun to experiement and eat new and exciting things, if you are of that mind set. Many people I know do not like to venture out into the unknown when it comes to food. It is fun to be open-minded and even more fun to stumble upon new and exciting tastes and ways to prepare food. Since joining this forum I have come to love Moroccan Cusine and my knowledge of cooking in different styles has increased. I hope you will find that to be so for yourself! Also PLEASE feel free to share some of your countries favorite dishes with us, we are always wanting new recipes!!!:)

Buenos Tardes Amiga,
(Mi espanol esta mui poquito senorita!)
CCCathy

Last edited:
Hi CeCilia. My name is Janie and I wanted to say welcome to the forum. Look forward to your posts.

Hi Cecilia from Argentina, Welcome to SP, yes we are a happy bunch, you will enjoy our recipes, they are awesome. My husband is amazed everytime I try a new recipe. My recipes are from the Caribbean lots of seasoning, and spicy! I am interested in a traditional recipe from Argentina.

Hi Cecilia,

Welcome to Spice Place! I am also a newbie but like you, felt very welcomed. This forum has a great group of people! By the way, your English is great.

You are all so kind and friendly !!!
I am reading your delicious recipes and I will post some of mine one of these days.

sevgi, I studied English when I was a girl, and one of my sons lives in USA, but I make some mistakes from time to time. :eek:

Hi !
I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thanks.

Back