Mar 30  # 1 of 5
Hello Everyone, :)

I am a Canadian chef who graduated from Liasion Culinary college from the Hamilton campus. I'm looking to learn about different cooking styles and would like to hear about job experiences.
Can anyone direct me to threads that will help me out with this?
Clark.

p.s. has anyone else been enrolled in any of the Liasion college campuses? :)
Mar 30  # 2 of 5
Hi chef clark and welcome to Spice Place!

For sites/forums that specialize primarily in professional chefs you definitely need to check out ChefTalk.com and egullet.org

Keep in mind though- I myself am a former professional chef and I find the forums that have only professionals to be rather hum-drum, dry and bor-ring. I prefer forums such as this one where there's a perfect fun blend of home cooks as well. Spice Place is the absolute funnest place for me to be- with the very FINEST people. I HIGHLY recommend this site- fer shure!

I worked in professional kitchens for 25 years at private country clubs, resorts, and hotels. The last 13 years of my career I worked for a cruiselines, and at wilderness lodges and oil camps in very remote regions of Alaska.
Mar 30  # 3 of 5
Hey Chef Clark,

You are very lucky to have graduated from a Culinary Institute!!! I think perhaps you will have no problem in finding a good job at some College or University Campus. My own Son-In-Law is a graduate of the New York Culinary Institute and he moved down south where we live this past summer. He found a job as a chef only 1 week after moving here at a local College in their dining facility. So maybe you could try starting at Colleges near where you live? It is a thought only and perhaps not what you are looking for, but I thought I would mention it!

In any case welcome to SpicePlace forum and it is nice to have you. My mother was a Canadian from Quebec and she became an American Citizen when I was just a teenager. I like all my Canadian relatives and still have many who live there! My favorite Hockey Player is a man with the last name Gervais!!!:D He is a great hockey player. Do you like Hockey? I love it, only Live, not so much on the television!

Please feel free to share & write more & we will welcome having you join in here:)

Cheers,
CCCathy
Mar 31  # 4 of 5
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Mar 31  # 5 of 5
Hello ChefClark. Nice to have you with us. :)