Aug 18  # 1 of 2
Hi,
I went looking for how to make the pickled banana peppers that I buy in the jar at the grocery store every week and that search led me to here.
I am a mom of 3, two boys in the Army (well one is home with a broken ankle), and a 17 year old daughter. I also have my DIL and grandson living here. Grandson turns 1 this weekend and his dad goes back to Ft. Jackson the day before.
Going to go peruse the boards now. :)
Aug 18  # 2 of 2
Hi Becky. Here is the recipe I use for pickled banana peppers.

Use the following procedure.
Wash peppers. Small peppers may be left whole with two small slits in each pepper. Core and cut large peppers into strips.
Sterilize jars, lids and screwbands. Pack peppers tightly into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
For each 6 cups of brine, combine 5 cups vinegar, 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon pickling salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer five minutes.
Pour vinegar solution over peppers, leaving 1/8-inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Adjust headspace so that brine covers all peppers. Wipe rims.
Place sterilized flats amd screwbands on jars. Allow jars to cool. Refrigerate six to eight weeks for the pickled flavor to fully develop. Keep refrigerated and use within six months.