What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Pittsburgh, Pa

Annie's Dish

Hi, my name is Annie and I live in Pittsburgh,Pa. I have always loved to bake. It runs in my family. My baking role models were my Aunt Caroline and my late Grandmother who were always in their kitchens making homemade biscuits or apple butter. They never measured anything and used a "pinch" of this or a "dollop" of that as official measurements.

Admittedly I am a novice. Baking and canning are beloved hobbies at the moment, I have a day job. I try a recipe, improvise and make it my own. I am slowly developing my own repertoire of tried and true recipes where I do not have to measure anything at all.

I joined this forum because I would like to chat and network with other like minded people. I am always trying new things and am eager to learn new tips and tricks and pick up a few new recipes along the way.

Welcome to the forum Annie. Sorry I can't help with baking since the only baking I do is a little bread now and then but we have some who do quite a bit of it. I'm more of the "burn it on the grill type".

Welcome to the forum Annie. Sorry I can't help with baking since the only baking I do is a little bread now and then but we have some who do quite a bit of it. I'm more of the "burn it on the grill type".

Hey I'm quite all right with that. I've been dabbling in grilling a bit myself lately. My husband makes some out of this world baby back ribs.

Annie, welcome to the forum. I don't bake much either. But would like to.
JP, its not burnt meat its Bar-B-Que. I know, I do it every week end. CF:D

Back