What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Washington State

S

snoshoo93

Born and raised in Wisconsin. Moved here when I was 55 y.o. Now I'm 72 and don't cook much anymore but still love to eat and am interested in food, recipes, seasonings, etc. I recently made my first taco mix at home with spices, etc. that I already had on hand. Better than the package mixes. Now I want to make sloppy joe mix but can't find "dry green pepper". My favorite store's assistant manager told me to go the McCormick's site and inquire where I might be able to buy it. So hello to all and hope I can find my answer here ...

I find that the larger grocery stores sell this - it's right along with the spices and herbs. I dry my own - it's cheaper - and I do the green and red bell peppers.

Since I always have dried red bell peppers on hand - I use those in my seasoning mix instead of the green - I prefer the red pepper taste over green pepper taste anyway.

Born and raised in Wisconsin. Moved here when I was 55 y.o. Now I'm 72 and don't cook much anymore but still love to eat and am interested in food, recipes, seasonings, etc. I recently made my first taco mix at home with spices, etc. that I already had on hand. Better than the package mixes. Now I want to make sloppy joe mix but can't find "dry green pepper". My favorite store's assistant manager told me to go the McCormick's site and inquire where I might be able to buy it. So hello to all and hope I can find my answer here ...

I'm in WA as well, have friends and spent a lot of time in Wisky. Our sloppy joes we just add a dab of brown sugar, yellow mustard and ketchup. I was just in Iowa, as a matter of fact twice this year, and never got around to getting a Maid Rite.

Drop me a PM.

Regards,

JW

Welcome to our forum snoshoo. I make my own taco mix but I could use a good recipe for sloppy joes. I can't use McCormicks, its a sodium thing.

Welcome to our forum snoshoo. I make my own taco mix but I could use a good recipe for sloppy joes. I can't use McCormicks, its a sodium thing.

I know, we've cut way back on sodium AND corn syrup.
It's hard to doge it all, like not buying crap made in China.

Back