Jan 20  # 1 of 4
Hi,

My name is Genie and I live in Nesconset, Long Island, New York. I really enjoy cooking and since I must be home most of the time due to caring for my 89 year old mother, I indulge in my love of cooking A LOT!

I'm at the point that I have so much equipment that there's hardly anything I need (but I always seem to find just one more "necessity"). Baking is really a favorite of mine. I have a double oven electric range (the kind with two ovens on the bottom, with the top one being smaller--sort of looks like a drawer--and the bottom one being regular size). Since I don't have room for a double wall oven, this is the next best thing.

I also have lots and lots of baking pans and stainless steel pots for cooking, all types and sizes. It's so bad that sometimes I'm afraid to open a cabinet door as I may have an avalanche of pots and pans hitting me in the head! The same goes for my Tupperware and Rubbermaid food storage containers!

Not a necessity, but my husband decided that my old white side-by-side refrigerator didn't look right with the new stainless and black range, so we went ahead and purchased a new stainless Maytag 4-door (2 doors and two drawers) French door refrigerator. The old side-by-side is now out in the garage and it's great to have the extra room for my food.

I also have a Hobart N50 5 quart mixer for my bread dough. Not to be forgotten, I still have my 22-year-old KitchenAid mixer, which is still going strong but but gets a little "cranky" with some of my bread doughs. I also use my Zojirushi bread machine when time is limited.

My latest "splurge" is a Le Creuset enameled Dutch/French oven. I found it at Tuesday Morning at a greatly reduced price. It isn't a color I would have picked (granite, a deep gray) but it goes well enough with my stainless steel appliances, and it was $100.00 less than I could find it anywhere else! So far, I have made a no knead bread, beef stew, French style chicken in a pot, and stuffed peppers with it, and it works wonderfully. I wish my husband liked pot roast, as I'm sure it would be wonderful with that. I love pot roast but hardly ever make it because it would only be for me and my mother, and I would need to make another meal for my husband. Also, he won't eat onions, so it's generally difficult to cook for him. He's very, very PICKY!

Well, enough about me, now I have to go and read some of the other introductions! Happy Cooking! :) Genie
Jan 21  # 2 of 4
Hi Genie. Welcome to our forum.
Jan 21  # 3 of 4
Welcome to the forum. CF:)
Jan 21  # 4 of 4
Wow that has to be one of the best intros I've seen. Welcome to the forum :) Looking forward to seeing your recipes