What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About doughnuts

Louelljoy

hello everyone, im new here... I have been experimenting on how to keep my fresly fried doughnuts soft even just for 8hrs but i have had failures only. Does anyone here knows what the commercial donut shops add to the basic doughnut recipe that keeps their donuts soft even after 24hr at room temp like Dunkin's?

commercial bakeries use a special blend of flours and preservatives that are not found on grocery shelves - it's in the mix

Welcome to Spice Place Louelljoy. Can't help you with the doughnuts but assume they add a lot of salt to it.

If its in the mix do you know any special donut mix that I can try? To anyone out there who is a commercial baker pls help me...

There are bakery supply houses that sell these mixes - in our area we have Federal Bakers - sad part - the bags are 50 pounds each - but there is a lot more you can do with the mix than just make donuts - if you don't have one in your area - check on line for donut making mixes, etc.

Back