What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with my chicken pot pie!

KimmyJean5150

Hello all and thanks in advance!

I've tried to make a chicken pot pie and the flavors come out wonderful, the only issue I'm having is with texture. The creamy sauce gets very thin when I bake it. :eek: I use all the typical ingredients: chicken, fresh herbs, carrots, celery, ect. For my sauce I use chicken broth and in another cup I mix corn starch together with half and half milk. I add the mixture to the boiling chicken broth slowing stirring it in it doubles in size and turns into this magnificent delicious creamy sauce. I put the mixture in the baking bowls, top it off with puff pastry (with slits to let out steam) and put it in my preset oven on 350 for 15 minutes and out comes this beautiful pot pie but my sauce turns into this horribly thin texture :confused:. I don't know what do do. Is anyone else having this problem? What am I doing wrong? I can't figure it out. Please help!!:)

Back