Sep 13  # 1 of 2
The name was already there, so don't blame me. It came from the Dec 2009 Taste of Home Magazine and I choose it since I wanted anything creamy but without the milk (sodium). I have altered it for low sodium. They had it as a main dish but I use it as a side. The first time I made it (doubled it) my first thought was "chick food" and after some trails I substituted Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte for the parsley topping. Now its not that boring.

1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbs unsalted butter or olive oil
2 cups water
2 tsp Herb-Ox sodium free chicken broth mix
1 cup sliced carrots
2 Tbs uncooked long grain rice (thickener)
2 Tbs minced fresh parsley (I now use the chipolte)

Saute the onion and garlic in the butter or oil until tender. Add everything else but the topping (parsley, chipolte or whatever). Bring it to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 - 25 minutes. Allow to cool then run everything through a blender. I have added 1/2 tsp No-Salt which is a salt substitute but it was not included in the original recipe. Just a creamy soup using rice as a thickener.
Sep 13  # 2 of 2
Oh Wow this sounds delish!!!! My baby sis loves carrot soup! One time she & her hubby were down to almost NO GROCERIES, she had a few carrots and so she made carrot soup in a pinch, she fell in love with it! I will give it a try if we can keep India from feeding Bugsy all the carrots!:D