Oct 6  # 1 of 2
First, the reason for the name. After finding several recipes for low sodium ketsup, most altered from Mama's recipes, I was invited for a fried fish dinner. On my low sodium diet this was a no-no but I could at least cut down on the sodium on ketsup. Most ketsup bottles list a serving as 1 Tbs. That is about 2 dips of a french fry. I like more. Like 1/4 cup or so. 1/4 cup of Heinz is 760 mg and Hunts is 800 mg. This recipe is 10. The name is actually started as "South Beach Ketsup" but since I've altered it for lower sodium I can change the name. South Beach will get too many takers but Hog Snot will allow you to keep it to yourself. So the name remains. HOG Snot Ketsup. You can even put a statement on the label that "mucus is a necessary fluid in the human body. The statement is correct. The label never said the ketsup had any in it.

2 6 oz cans NSA (NO Salt Added) tomato Paste
2 of the same cans water
1 of the same can white distilled vinegar
5 Pkts of Splenda
A pinch of cloves or cumin
1 Tbs No-Salt (A substitute)
1 tsp onion powder

Just mix it up for several minutes. Put the label on it to keep the people not needing low sodium out of it.

BTW I must be the only one on the forum on a low sodium diet since I see I started the last 4 threads. 5 now!

Oops. Has to edit. I put tomato sauce but it is supposed to be tomato paste.
Oct 6  # 2 of 2
You keep this up and you'll be an expert - sought out by everyone! thank you for sharing and I love the name!