Jan 30  # 1 of 3
Being on a low sodium diet means cooking for 1 most of the time. If you don't have a heart condition why give up the sodium. So if you guys have any "one pot" slow cooker recipes I would love to see them. When I mean "one pot" I'm talking about those recipes that don't require a separate skillet or sauce pan to saute something first. I have a "Chicken Tortilla Soup" recipe that I got by halving one of Sandra Lees recipes for a 4 Qt cooker that I love. You just chop everything up in the pot and plug it in.
Jan 30  # 2 of 3
Quote jpshaw wrote:
Being on a low sodium diet means cooking for 1 most of the time. If you don't have a heart condition why give up the sodium. So if you guys have any "one pot" slow cooker recipes I would love to see them. When I mean "one pot" I'm talking about those recipes that don't require a separate skillet or sauce pan to saute something first. I have a "Chicken Tortilla Soup" recipe that I got by halving one of Sandra Lees recipes for a 4 Qt cooker that I love. You just chop everything up in the pot and plug it in.

John, if you aren't shy about PM'ing me your po box I have a brand-spankin' new "Taste of Home" crock-pot cookbook that I mistakenly recieved 3 of when I only ordered 2. It's just sittin' on my shelf going unused- it's yours if you'd like it. Medium sized hardcover book- fantastic photos and lotsa easy savory winter meal ideas! (I should add that I wrote an inscription in it to give to another friend- but I never ended up doing so... so it's got some hen-scratch in it...)
Jan 30  # 3 of 3
You can place meats in a crockpot - even frozen roasts. Ive done it with absolutely no problem at all.

Hot summer (yeah we do get summer for a few days here in winterland) I can take a frozen roast beef right out of the freezer and pop it into the crockpot. No difference.

I've done the same with other meats, stew meats, chicken pieces, and I've even placed raw chicken, cornsh hens, turkey in my crockpots.

Anything goes!