Jun 13  # 1 of 5
4 large baking potatoes
1/4 cup unsalted margarine, melted
1/4 cups salad oil
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 to 1 tsp. salt substitute or Mrs. dash
1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves

Cut un-peeled potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place overlapping slices in buttered oven-to-table 13-by-9-inch baking dish.

Mix margarine and oil. Brush slices with mixture. Pour remaining over potatoes. Sprinkle with garlic, salt substitute and thyme.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are done and browned at the edges. Serve immediately.
Jul 17  # 2 of 5
I have fixed simular potatoes, However, it was just with olive oil and sprinkled with Mrs. Dash table blend. I will have to try yours since it wouldn't be as dry with the "sauce" poured over after cooking.
Jul 17  # 3 of 5
I hope you enjoy it.
Jul 17  # 4 of 5
Mama, good recipe, we do about the same. I use mostly the potatoes to small for baking. As we don't buy just large potatoes. You know what ever comes in the bag. CF:)
Jul 17  # 5 of 5
Quote ChileFarmer wrote:
Mama, good recipe, we do about the same. I use mostly the potatoes to small for baking. As we don't buy just large potatoes. You know what ever comes in the bag. CF:)

Never trust bagged potatoes! And I've noticed lately that the potatoes "watch" you - they have more "eyes" growing on them than a medium-sized civilization!