Oct 15  # 1 of 6
I am still looking for this "Sodium Free" Baco product. Have yet to find it. I know it would not be real bacon but it's supposed to taste like bacon. If anyone runs across it please let me know. I would really like to bump up the taste of a salad now and then.
Oct 15  # 2 of 6
Organic Bac’uns Bacon Bits Alternative
$5.19
Purchase Organic Bac’uns Bacon Bits Alternative

A great tasting vegan alternative to bacon bits, Bac’uns offer the same flavor but without the meat, cholesterol, artificial colors and preservatives. Use them to top salads, spruce up a baked potato, or top off your favorite soup! 2.7 oz. bottle is $5.19.

Ingredients: Textured organic low fat soy flour, salt, natural vegan flavors, caramel color

Nutritional Information:
Serving size – 1 1/3 tbsp
Servings per container – 11
Calories per serving – 25
Total fat – 0.5g (0g saturated)
Sodium – 140mg
Total carbohydrate – 2g (less than 1g dietary fiber, 0g sugars)
Protein – 3g

Purchase Organic Bac’uns Bacon Bits Alternative

Other products in the category Food, Sweets and Beverages / Pantry Essentials:

Organic Bac’uns Bacon Bits Alternative (Food, Sweets and Beverages / Pantry Essentials)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bacuns Imitation Bacon Bits :: Vegan Store.com - Pangea Vegan Products. The Best in Vegan Shopping.

Product Description:
Now available in both Organic and Natural versions!
Bac`uns are delicious, crunchy, soy-based imitation bacon bits. They make a perfect vegan addition to salads, baked potatoes, soups, and countless recipes. All-natural and low in fat. Kosher. 2.8 oz. jar.

Ingredients:
(Natural Version): Textured vegetable protein (soy flour and caramel color), soybean oil, salt, vegan natural flavors.

Nutritional Information:
Serving Size: 1 tbsp.
Calories: 25
Carbohydrates: 2g
Fat: 1g
Sodium: 150mg
Sugars: 0g
Fiber: 1g
Protein: 2g

or

(Organic Version): Textured organic lowfat soy flour, salt, natural flavors, caramel color.

Nutritional Information:
Serving Size: 1 1/3 tbsp.
Servings per Container: 11
Calories: 25
Carbohydrates: 2g
Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 140mg
Sugars: 0g
Fiber: <1g
Oct 15  # 3 of 6
JP, you trying to get away from the salt or the bacon or both? Making my search easier. CF:)
Oct 16  # 4 of 6
Quote ChileFarmer wrote:
JP, you trying to get away from the salt or the bacon or both? Making my search easier. CF:)

CF - I've been on a No Salt - Low Sodium diet since 2005. Trying to keep under 1000 mg a day on sodium which is very hard to do. I can eat anything under about 20 mg of sodium per serving. I do eat out with the family about once every two weeks and it takes 3-5 days to get rid of the excess fluid. Very weak heart that cannot get rid of fluid like a normal heart can. I actually carry on a fairly normal life and walk a mile every morning (flat ground only) and have gone back to work about 4 hours a day.
Oct 16  # 5 of 6
OK JP, heres a thought. Fresh pork belly (not cured), sliced, marinate in some water brown sugar, and a small amount of liquid smoke Then fry until crisp. Hence bacon bits with no salt.
Or omit the liquid smoke (witch I hate) and cook on your smoker until crisp.
From what I can find out liquid smoke has just smoke and water, no salt. Just thinking. I don't know if this would taste like bacon. But it might. CF:)