1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
1 egg
1 cup vegetable oil
1/4 pound ground pork
dash of garlic powder
1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
1 six-ounce can crabmeat
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 package wonton wrapper (sold in Oriental stores)

Combine all ingredients except wonton wrapper and blend very well. Wrap about 1/2 teaspoon of filling in each wonton wrapper by folding one side to form a triangle. Seal with a few drops of water; set aside. Deep fry and drain on paper towel. Serve with plum sauce.
Sep 29  # 2 of 4
Do you have to deep fry them? Is there another way? Sauteeing or maybe oven baking them? I just want to try to avoid deep-frying things if I can.
Oct 2  # 3 of 4
Quote Twinmama wrote:
Do you have to deep fry them? Is there another way? Sauteeing or maybe oven baking them? I just want to try to avoid deep-frying things if I can.

No, you dont have to deep fry them, they can also be made into soup.

1/2 lb. ground pork
1/2 lb. shrimp, shelled and chopped
1 sm. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
3 stalks scallions, chopped
2 eggs
20 wonton wrappers

Mix pork, shrimp, water chestnuts, scallions and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Place 1 teaspoon of filling on the center of each wonton wrapper. Moisten edge, fold in a triangle and bring the 2 lateral corners together. Stuffed wonton can be frozen at this point. Freeze in a single layer on a baking sheet and then transfer to resealable plastic bags.

Bring to a boil 8 cups of chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Drop stuffed wonton wrappers and simmer for 20 minutes. Cleaned pea pods may be added at the end. Serve hot with chopped scallions.
Oct 2  # 4 of 4
And yes, they can be baked too. Although the first recipe are really meant to be fried.

12 wonton wrappers
2 tablespoons butter
3 green onions, chopped
3 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup mayonnaise
4 ounces grated cheddar cheese or smoked gouda cheese
2/3 cup crabmeat
2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Essence of Emeril
cooking spray

Heat oven to 350°F.
Lightly spray 12 small muffin cups.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter and lightly brush each wonton pastry before putting into muffin cups.
In a nonstick skillet saute green onions in 1 tablespoon of butter.
Melt cheese and mayonnaise in pan.
Add seasonings and lemon juice.
Add crab to warm only.
Scoop into wonton cups.
Bake for 12-15 minutes until wontons are golden brown.