6 lb. butter, chopped into bits and frozen
8 lb. flour, from the freezer-bin
2 c. 5 oz. ice-water
3 T. salt
4 eggs
1/4 c. distilled vinegar

This is the recipe I used at Alaskan work-camps

Stunning Back-Woods Berry Pie

“A boy doesn't have to go to war to be a hero; he can say he doesn't like pie when he sees there isn't enough to go around.” ~E.W. Howe

I promise that absolutely nothing is more impressive than a homemade berry pie being removed piping-hot from the oven right before the wide eyes and watering mouths of your supper-guests! This recipe is versatile and may be made using any in season berry- or for winter-time ease when berries have long since been picked you can use frozen berries as well. In fact, now that I think about it, this pie isn’t limited to berries alone, for I have used it for all fruit pies including apple and peach, again using either fresh or frozen product.

4 c. fresh berries
1 t. lemon juice
1 c. sugar
3 T. flour
1/2 t. grated lemon zest
dash of salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1 T. butter

2 t. milk
1 T. sugar

1 recipe pie pastry for double-crust pie

In a medium bowl, place the berries and sprinkle with lemon juice, set aside.
Line 9-inch pie plate with rolled-out pastry (slightly more than half of a single pastry recipe, reserving remaining half for top-crust).
In a small bowl combine sugar, flour, lemon zest, salt, and cinnamon. Add this mixture to berries, stirring well. Pour into pie shell. Dot with butter.
Top with remaining rolled-out crust, seal edges and crimp using your preferred method (I crimp the very same way I watched my Mom do it when I was a little boy, her squeeze/twist method using thumb & index finger). Also- you may use a classic lattice-crust or a full top-crust with slits cut in to allow steam to escape- your choice). Brush assembled/crimped pie w/ milk & sprinkle with sugar. Chill assembled, raw pie for at least one hour. Then bake at 350 for one hour.
Aug 19  # 2 of 2
THANK YOU FOR SHARING - now this is my kind of recipe! Feeds a crowd!