What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lee Bailey's Blackberry & Peach Cobbler

Our own dear Chubbyalaskagriz gifted me & my family with 2 georgeous cookbooks as a housewarming gift! Yesterday we had our Housewarming party and I made the above recipe (I had no Blackberries:() but the cobbler was delicious!! Everyone loved it and I would like to share the recipe,.....

Blackberry and Peach Cobbler

Pastry
1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
5 tbsp. frozen butter
4 tbsp. frozen veg. shortening
4 to 5 tbsp ice water

~

5 large peaches 7 if you do not have blueberries
2 cups blackberries
1 c. sugar
4 tbsp unsalted butter

whipped cream or ice cream

Preheat oven to 450° lighty grease a 2 qt baking dish

Make the pastry, roll it out and line your baking dish, leaving excess dough hanging over the edges. Toss the fruit together and heap into the pastry lined dish, mounding slightly in the center. Pour sugar evenly over all the fruit and dot with butter. Flop the loose pastry dough ends over the fruit.

Place in 450° oven and bake until bubbly and golden, about 45 minutes.

Serve with whipped cream.

I enjoyed the plain peach, I love blackberries but am not too big on blackberry seeds!

I liked the Lee Bailey book he sent me so well I ordered another one from Amazon a few days ago. It is the one with the soup and bread recipes.

Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Back