What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Porcelain Coated Cast Iron

jglass

Our Kmart is clearing out their Martha Stewart housewares items.
I found a 5 quart cobalt blue porcelain coated cast iron dutch oven for $31 there this evening.
If you have a Kmart near you they may have some good buys right now on Martha Stewart.

Our Kmart is clearing out their Martha Stewart housewares items.
I found a 5 quart cobalt blue porcelain coated cast iron dutch oven for $31 there this evening.
If you have a Kmart near you they may have some good buys right now on Martha Stewart.

Thanks for the tip.

How do you like that type cookware? Please let me know!

I have only tried the coated dutch ovens. I found a couple of the skillets at Kmart but they were chipped. I love the dutch ovens for making soups, stews and chilis. They are great for braising in the oven.

Im gonna go to SAMS club tomorrow in OH and there is a Kmart over there that is going out of business. Im gonna stop by there and see if they are closed yet and see if I can find a bargain.

I wonder if Kmart is not planning to carry Martha Stewart cookware anymore?

Yes I have seen the Paula Deen items at Walmart.
Kmart may just be clearing out MS's last year model housewares.

I hit up that Kmart that is closing. No great deals except I found a nice heavy duty springform pan for $9 made by Kenmore. I found a big utensil cady for $6 and a zester for $1.50 So far they only had stuff marked down 20%
I had $100 left of my BD money so I took Jon to our fav chinese restaurent for lunch. I went to SAMS and bought three $10 bags of candy to put up for my girls on trick or treat.

Absolute JUNK!
I was making soup for my niece in it today and the ceramic coating cracked and came apart on the bottom of the 5 quart dutch oven. Martha Stewart junk! That was only the second time I had ever used the pot and I am very careful with my cookware. I am so steamed! I cannot return it of course since it was on clearance.

To jglass - In browsing through the various threads this morning I happened onto your earlier conversation regarding the enameled cast iron cookware. I bought a set of the really beautiful Paula Deen cookware a couple of months ago and am really impressed with it. The heat conduction is truly super and I really love it! One thing I did note as I was reading over the literature which came with the set - that you should not put the cookware into the dishwasher as the intense heat from the dishwasher can crack and destroy the enamel coating! Sounds like what happened to you. Is this a possibility?

Back