Sep 9  # 1 of 4
This is from Food Network, someone mentioned this on another thread here and I thought it sounded good so I looked up the recipe and posted it here to share with everyone.

Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 8 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
User Rating: 3 Stars

10 cloves garlic, chopped
2 lemons, juiced
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon ground pepper
5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 pieces pita bread
1 tomato, chopped
Shawarma Sauce, recipe follows

To make the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, and oil. Add curry powder, salt, pepper, and food coloring and whisk to combine. Add chicken and coat with marinade. Marinate chicken overnight in the refrigerator.

Preheat a grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade. Grill chicken for about 10 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through. Serve chicken on pita and top with tomatoes and Shawarma Sauce.

Shawarma Sauce:
3 cloves garlic
1 cup store-bought tahini
3 cups water
1/2 cup lemon juice
Salt

Add garlic to the bowl of a food processor and process until chopped. Add tahini and pulse to combine. With the machine running, slowly add cold water until frothy. Add lemon juice and mix until creamy. Season with salt, to taste.

This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Sep 9  # 2 of 4
What is store-bought tahini?
Sep 9  # 3 of 4
I'm not sure, but I'll look on FoodNetwork.com and see what I can find. I haven't made this yet, so I don't know if it tastes good or not, but I plan on making it as soon as I get all the ingredients.

The definition of tahini, from the Food Encyclopedia at FoodNetwork.com: Used in Middle Eastern cooking, tahini is a thick paste made of ground sesame seed. It's used to flavor various dishes such as hummus and baba ghanoush
Oct 3  # 4 of 4
I looove shawarma, the beef one though, they're sold here and the it's fun to watch the vendor slicing off the meat then putting them in the pita, my mouth just waters eveytime I smell them.