Sep 16  # 1 of 3
The restaurant version of this dish is loaded with fat, thanks to deep frying. Here the chicken is coated with flour and then pan-seared it to lighten it up.

Ingredients
2 Tbsp sesame seeds, raw
1 Tbsp water
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp dry sherry
1 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced
1/2 tsp five-spice powder
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch strips
2 tsp peanut oil

Instructions
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sesame seeds and cook until lightly toasted, shaking pan frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes; transfer seeds to a shallow dish and set aside.
Whisk water, soy sauce, maple syrup, sherry, ginger and five-spice powder together in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine flour, salt and pepper together in a shallow dish; add chicken and turn to coat. Shake chicken pieces to remove excess flour.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce mixture to chicken and cook until sauce thickens and is almost evaporated, about 2 to 3 minutes more.
Dip chicken pieces in toasted sesame seeds and serve, drizzled with any additional soy sauce mixture. Yields about 4 strips per serving.
Sep 17  # 2 of 3
when i have time i am absoultely making this! It sounds SO good!
Sep 17  # 3 of 3
This is a great way to lighten sesame chicken. I have ordered it in restaurants before but it is so greasy, I hesitate to eat it very much. This is a good alteration on a good classic dish.

Maybe you should submit this to Cooking Light magazine!