This is very good--*See Note Below

Oven Fried Chicken

1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2-1/2 to 3 lbs. broiler-fryer chicken, cut up

I made 8 chicken legs and I used 1/2 cup margarine.

Preheat the oven to 425. Heat margarine in rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches-I used a cake pan-until melted. Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Coat chicken with this mixture. Place chicken skin side down in pan. Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake until thickest pieces are done, about 30 minutes longer. I baked it a little longer.

Note: Depending on how much chicken you are baking, use more or less butter and flour.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I made this last night and it was very good.

Peel and boil russet potatoes..I am guessing that I used 8 potatoes. Use more or less potatoes, butter and garlic according to how much you need to feed your household. Mince 1 large garlic clove in a food processor. I used 3 cloves. When the potatoes are almost done, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; add garlic and saute until tender. I am guessing that I cooked this mixture for about 10 minutes. Using your mixer, mash the potatoes with milk. I like to use whipping cream if I have it on hand. Add the garlic and butter mixture and mix on low.