What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salsa Chicken

Roxanne

Salsa Chicken:

1-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
2 cups salsa

In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil for 3 minutes. Add the green pepper, cook for 3 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Stir in salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 3 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.

**I think I would add some cumin to it, garlic, seasoning salt, alot of garlic minced, cayenne pepper and mushrooms to this. I make my own salsa. That is all I can think of right now..would have to make it and test taste it to get it right. This is a good base recipe..but..I feel it needs more stuff. If I make it..will post how I made it. I am sure I would season the chicken breasts too with McCormick. and then do the rest of the ingredients..like I said..if I make this..will tell you how I made it.

Edited to say... I know I would add onion to it too..alot of it.

Back