May 25  # 1 of 32
On our way home from vacation today we had a little adrenaline rushing experience:

We were clipping along at a pretty decent speed and the next thing you know but what to our wondering eyes did appear but a beautiful Tom turkey! A Big ole' sucker and here we are just ripping the road up and 2 cars are in the opposite lane and a nice deep ditch beside us so my fiance' (the driver) did what any smart man would do lifted his foot off the accelerator and braked gently and positioned the car to hit sucker Tom dead center with the front bumper Tom went down and under (and I don't mean Austarlia) and out and over into opposing traffic and was carried away by that car that hit him next. We both startled by the whole scene of unfolding events looked at each other and said "damn that would've been so good smoked"!:D

The only evidence is a nice dust spot on the front bumper!!! Those darn turkeys love to roll around in the dirt!

Glad it wasn't a deer!

Anyone out there who has some more harrowing road kill experiences????
May 26  # 2 of 32
IF I have to go to Wal Mart I go either very early or very late. I dont like crowds and its hard to get whats on my list and make sure someone doesnt plow over Jon. People around here are so rude they will actually blow their horn for you to hurry up so they can have your parking place while your loading your car.

Jon always hangs onto the handle of the buggy and I pull the front. I always make sure that we are over to the side if I stop to get something and I cannot tell you how many times I have turned around after getting something from a shelf to see some rude person trying to crowd him out with their buggy. One lady got so close one day she smacked his knuckle. I was like hey he cant see you coming. Wait your turn just like everyone else. People do the same stupid stuff at all the Wal Marts. Sitting in their cars while someone is loading their purchases holding up a dozen cars behind them waiting on parking places makes me furious. It is beyond rude and inconsiderate.:mad: OR trying to back out of your space and there is someone behind you blocking you because a person near you is leaving and they are waiting on their space.

On our way back home I round a corner doing 55 and there is an entire herd of deer standing about and one in particular in front of my headlights. There was atleast a dozen of them on my side of the road within feet of the car and the one right in front when I had slammed on my breaks. I didnt want to blow the horn and startle them all into doing who knows what so I backed up and eased around the one in the road which seemed frozen by my headlights.

They had a deeer actually jump at the side of a loaded moving school bus a week or so ago and cause it to wreck.
May 26  # 3 of 32
OMG! Reminds me of the day I was driving on the main highway doing 65 in the passing lane in bumper to bumper traffic!

Worst day of my life!

A pheasant did a kamikazee into my grill and feathers flew all over the place! I couldn't hit my brake, I couldn't change lanes - I was hysterical. Finally one very kind gent let me move to the curb lane and I was able to turn into a gas station.

Mind you - Mama can't take feathers! Not at all!!

In my hysteria - the gas station attendant wanted to know what I wanted and I couldn't even get myself together to tell him - I'm pointing to my grill and telling him to get the bird out!

Other than the fact that he thought I was a total loon - he humored me and walked to the front of my car - looked at my grill and said LADY - THERE AIN'T NO BIRD HERE - and I told him to check inside under the hood because I knew it was in there.

Once again he humored me. Same line - LADY......

Needless to say - Mama made a complete a$$ of herself that day (and many others as well) and didn't go back to that station for many years.

The End.
May 26  # 4 of 32
PS - never knew a bird to have so many feathers - worse than a total white out in the middle of winter - couldn't see a thing!
May 26  # 5 of 32
lol..I needed a laugh Mama. Thank you.
Your story reminded me of when I was on the interstate behind this truck hauling a big sheet of window glass. It broke and showered my car with glass. Kinda wrong to throw glass at a couple of Glass's. :D