Dec 28  # 1 of 9
This is a favorite recipe of mine that everyone loves. I hope no Italians are upset over the twist I have put on a traditional dish.

Ingredients
2- boneless chicken breast
1- cup of flour seasoned with salt& pepper for dredging.
2-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
2- cloves of garlic, smashed.
1/2- cup of white wine.
2- cups of chicken stock.
3- scallions sliced fine.
Salt and pepper to taste.

Directions

Place the chicken breast in the freezer and partially freeze them. Remove them from the freezer and cut them into at least 1/2" thick cutlets. Depending on the size of the breast you should be able to get 3-4 cutlets from each breast.
Allow the cutlets to come to room temperature. Place each cutlet between layers of plastic wrap and pound as thin as possible.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat.
Dredge a few cutlets at a time on both sides and shake off excess flour. Place into the hot olive oil and brown each side of the cutlets to a nice golden brown. Don't cook the cutlets through. Remove the cutlets to a plate after browning.Add more olive oil as needed.
After browning all the cutlets add the smashed garlic and a tablespoon of the dredging flour, Stir the flour into the remaining olive oil. As soon as the garlic aroma starts coming from the olive oil add the half cup of wine. and allow it to reduce until it has almost totally evaporated. You should have a thick paste in the pan. Add the two cups of chicken stock and stir well to incorporate the base for a light sauce. Place the cutlets into the sauce, turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes making sure to spoon the sauce over the cutlets every few minutes.
I like to serve the cutlets on a platter over Angel Hair Pasta. I under cook an Angel hair pasta and then add it to the sauce with the scallions. I let the pasta finish cooking in the sauce at a simmer. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. At times I have added Parmesan cheese but prefer not to.

The Chicken Scallopini Is so tender that it melts in your mouth. The sauce is very light and adds an amazing flavor to the pasta. This dish serves 5.

This recipe works excellent with Turkey too.
Dec 28  # 2 of 9
Im going to go lay two chicken breasts out of the freezer to try this tomorrow.
Thanks!
Dec 28  # 3 of 9
The scallopini sounds delicious!
Dec 29  # 4 of 9
Jon gave the recipe a 9 out of 10. I thought it was yummy to.
We had it with the cheddar and garlic stuffed potatoes I posted.
I served the scallopini over pasta.
Jan 10  # 5 of 9
I'm really happy that you enjoyed it Jglass.