Aug 30  # 1 of 4
Category: Meat & SeafoodStyle: Italian

Description:
This is one of my daughter's favorite chicken dishes that I make. It's a version to me of my Chicken Scalopine. It can be done with chicken, pork or veal.
The meat turns out melt in your mouth tender.

Ingredients:
6 chicken breast cutlets pounded an 1/8" thick.
1 cup of flour seasoned with salt and pepper for dredging.
2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil

For the sauce

2 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced fine.
1/2 cup of white wine
The juice from 3 LEMONS. (Zest first)
2 cup of chicken stock.
1/2 cup of cream
3 tablespoons of either cold olive oil or butter cut into pieces.
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Heat a couple tables spoons of Olive Oil up in a deep skillet over medium high heat. Dredge the cutlets in the seasoned flour.
Fry the cutlets in the heated oil on each side until they are golden brown. They only take a minute or so on each side so watch them. Remove to a paper towel covered plate and repeat until all cutlets are browned. Add more oil if needed.

After all the cutlets have been browned, add the garlic to the drippings. As soon as the pan lets off the smell of garlic, pour in the wine and lemon juice. Reduce by 1/3. Stir as it reduces. Add the chicken stock and cream and whisk to combine. Reduce the heat and place the cutlets in the sauce. Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook 1lb of pasta. I prefer either Bow Ties or Angel Hair.
Remove the cutlets from the sauce. Turn off the heat to the sauce. Slowly whisk in the cold olive oil or butter pieces to thicken the sauce if needed. Taste for the need of salt and pepper and add to taste. Add the pasta to the sauce and combine. Transfer the pasta to a seving platter. Arrange the cutlets over the pasta. Garnish with the lemon zest. I like to add scallions to the sauce at times to if I have them on hand and add them when I'm adding the salt and pepper.

Enjoy, IC
Aug 30  # 2 of 4
I love lemon chicken!! this soiunds so good!
Aug 30  # 3 of 4
IC I have always wanted to try lemon chicken and this is the recipe for me.
Thanks!
Aug 31  # 4 of 4
This gave me a chuckle- reminded me of all the squabbles between the Debra and Marie characters from "Everybody Loves Raymond"! :)

BTW- great recipe, IC!