Nov 24  # 1 of 11
Looking for something a little different to do with chicken? You should try skewering and grilling it!

Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce

1 pound chicken breasts cut into strips
Wooden Skewers – soaked in water

Peanut Sauce:
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup canned coconut milk
Preparation:
For the marinade, heat the vegetable and sesame oil in a small saucepan. Add the green onions, garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently,
about 3 minutes.
Carefully add the soy sauce, lemon juice and Florida Crystals® Demerara Sugar. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and cool.

Meanwhile, thread chicken strips onto skewers in a zig-zag pattern and place them in a shallow pan.
Pour the marinade over the chicken, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once after 30 minutes.

For the peanut sauce: In a small saucepan, bring the water, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic and honey to a boil.
Remove from heat, add the peanut butter and stir until smooth. Stir in coconut milk. Serve sauce at room temperature.

Remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium heat for about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve with peanut sauce.

Serving Quantity: 1 to 4
Nov 24  # 2 of 11
Quick Tip:
Saute is an Indonesian style of grilling

Would that be Sate is an Indonesian style
???

Although the peanut sauce would work with meat grilled, broiled, sauted, or??
Dec 4  # 3 of 11
Sounds good to me Glitter. I've never used peanut sauce with chicken.
Dec 4  # 4 of 11
if it looks like a chicken, walks like a chicken, clucks like a chicken, then -
it ain't dead yet! LOL
Dec 7  # 5 of 11
Jpshaw, you should try it, let me know how it works out. Do you ever use organic ingredients when you cook? I work with Florida Crystals and we are the only brand of organic sugar that is made in the US. Have you heard of it before? :D