Mar 25  # 1 of 34
Looking for a simple recipe I can change to low sodium. If you have one please let me know.
Mar 29  # 2 of 34
John, some die hards would snub their noses at this, but I must admit my spag sauce has grocery-store roots. I have an all-white kitchen and stove so I dislike long-simmering a red spattering sauce on the stove-top. My method is to simply add a few jars of Prego (or some other- Aldi's has a nice "Cabernet Marinara" that I like on the cheap) a tiny can or two of tomato paste (for deep richness) a glass or 2 of red wine and mushrooms and let that slow cook in the crock pot on the counter all day long. Often I'll even go the extra store-bought mile and add frozen pre-cooked meatballs for total ease when I get home from my night-shift in the morning. Then when I awake at about 3:00PM to the heavenly aroma all I need do is tear up a lettuce salad and cook some pasta! (Or I'll add chicken quarters and chopped green bell pepper for a nice Cacciatore.)
Mar 29  # 3 of 34
Hey, I'm not snubbing my nose. Sounds good to me. Of course I will use my homemade sauce to lower the sodium but the rest will do fine. Thanks Kevin.

BTW; Are you kissing a fish?
Mar 31  # 4 of 34
Yes, John. Alaska tradition requires ya to kiss the first salmon of the season, 'elst you'll catch no others! :)
Mar 31  # 5 of 34
Quote chubbyalaskagriz wrote:
Yes, John. Alaska tradition requires ya to kiss the first salmon of the season, 'elst you'll catch no others! :)

I will try that with a deer next fall. My freezer is just about bare of venison our season was so bad last year. Going to plant a big wet one on the first deer I see.