Dec 12  # 1 of 17
Unfortunatly I don't post that many recipes to the site. Since I don't feel right about offering a recipe I haven't tried and my recipes need to be gluten free so that leaves me out a lot of the time but I made this salad the other day and it was so delicious! I thought anyone looking for a different kind of side dish this holiday season might enjoy it.

Moorish Crunch Salad
Jamie Oliver

Serves 4 generously

10 ½ oz carrots, peeled
5 ½ oz radishes
2 crunchy eating apples
1 small handful of dark or white raisins
1 handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
1 handful of fresh mint, roughly chopped
4 Tlbs sherry or red wine vinegar
8 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls tahini
sea salt and ground pepper
2 Tbls sesame seeds, toasted in the oven

First of all, finely slice your carrots into matchstick-sized batons. Finely slice your radishes-you can leave a little of the tops on if you like. Quarter your apples, remove the cores and finely slice. Add these to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients, apart from the sesame seeds. Toss together, carefully checking the seasoning and serve with the sesame seeds sprinkled over the top. Eat straight away.

Variations

Turn into a warm salad by adding some pan-seared chicken, shrimp or scallops which have been dusted with a little paprika.

Make it more of a snack by frying some halloumi cheese until golden with some chopped fresh chili and crumble this over the top

Grill some pita bread and serve stuffed with the crunch salad. Crumble in some feta cheese too. Lovely.
Dec 12  # 2 of 17
Quote jfain wrote:
Grill some pita bread and serve stuffed with the crunch salad. Crumble in some feta cheese too. Lovely.
This would be most excellent, I am going to make it this way tomorrow, it sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing Jfain, and feel freee to post all the gluten free recipes you'd like, we never know when we might have a guest that requires gluten free.
Dec 12  # 3 of 17
Wow- this indeed sounds yummy, jfain!

As a side-note... many folks are familiar with carrot-raisin salad that most just dress w/ mayo. But try whisking a bit of peanut-butter into your mayo then toss with the shredded carrots, raisins- and pineapple tidbits too, if u like... it's YUMMY!
Apr 30  # 4 of 17
Tahini is so healthy and delicious. Interesting mix.
May 2  # 5 of 17
Howdy RecCooWrit! welcome to Spice Place!