What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tropical Fruit Salad

Kathy W.

Wow! Let me tell you down here in Texas we love our fruit in the summer time. I hope you'all enjoy this fruit salad.
Ingredients: 2 bananas, 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks, or 1 (20 oz.) can chunks drained. 1 (10oz.) can mandarin oranges drained, 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples (about 2 med. apples), 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate, 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon poppyseeds or seasame seeds.
Slice bananas. Combine pineapple, mandarin oranges, apples, bananas and strawberries in a large bowl; mix gently. Tightly cover; refrigerate.
Combine limeade, honey, and oil in a small bowl; whisk until well blended. Stir your choice of he seeds into the limeade mixture. Pour over fruit salad. Gently mix fruit salad. Spoon into individual dessert glasses. Serve immediately. For added crunch add 1/2cup slivered almonds to the fruit salad just before serving.

Any of these can be used:

Grapes, red and white, melon, papaya, mango, starfruit, strawberries, apple, kiwi fruit, banana, guava and pinapple.
Any combination of these go well. I like to add a generous helping of honey and lots of finely chopped ginger.
If you can find sweetened ginger in syrup, this is my favorite, finely chop the sweet ginger, mix this in your salad with the syrup. This is seriously delicious!

Back