Dec 6  # 1 of 2
I have a fresh veggie marinade I like to make. It consists of, fish sauce, apple cider vinegar, sesame oil and white sugar. I get the flavor right then reduce it with a little water. Its good for veggies, but as you can imagine, its a little watery to add leafy greens. I looking for a way to body this up a bit, with out changing the flavor to much. Any suggestions?
Dec 6  # 2 of 2
I think you're trying to emulsify your dressing.

To get a dressing to emulsify you need two things air and an emulsifying agent, which in case of mustard or eggs is lecithin. The best item for getting air into this will be an emersion/stick blender, followed by regular blender, then a food processor, then an electric mixer then a whisk.

You need to start by getting the primary emulsion going. which will be 2 egg yolks if you are going that route or 2 tablespoons of dry mustard if you go with that. Start by whipping the yolks until they change color add your spices and seasonings whip more, then 1/4 cup of vinegar. You should whip this until it is completely mixed and frothy then slowly ad 3/4 cup of the oil. if you are using an emersion blender, food processor or regular blender you can simply poor the oil very slowly if you are using an electric blender use 1 tablespoon at a time and then if you are using a whisk use 1 teaspoon at a time and keep whisking until every drop is completely emulsfied.