1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped/minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

You can make this sauce as hot as you want by adding up to a total of 4
dried chipotle chiles. Cover chilies with warm water. Let stand until
softened, about 1 hour.

Drain and finely chop. Cook and stir bacon and onion in a 2-quart saucepan until bacon is crisp; stir in chilies and remaining ingredients.

Makes about 4 cups sauce.
Jun 16  # 2 of 10
Mama this sounds interesting, I am wondering would you use it as a salsa type sauce for tortilla chips? Give me some ideas please....

Cathy
Jun 16  # 3 of 10
Cathy - it's a sauce/condiment - good for anything you want and if I know you - you will find many uses for it! I'd use it on tortillas, burritos, in wraps, mix with salsa and top taters (remember - I have to watch the hot foods!), top a burger, add to a hotdog relish, etc. Add a splash to anything as you would a tabasco sauce........mix in burger meat......
Jun 16  # 4 of 10
Great Mama I will def. have to make some of this, thanks for sharing!
I am sorry you can not eat hot foods, I know you must miss it. Are you OK to eat spicy foods as long as there is no heat? I had colitis as a teenager and had to eat bland foods only; YUCK!!! I outgrew it as soon as I had my 1st child, wonders never cease! And I thank God, as I love spicy food the spicier the better!
Jun 16  # 5 of 10
You enjoy - this old tummy ain't what it used to be! Sometimes I can do the heat and spices - sometimes I can't. I do enjoy something hot and wild once in a while. Just not as often as I used to.

But you can enjoy it for me!