Nov 1  # 1 of 12
As usual we go to a friends house and they serve chicken and beef fajitas. I'm told not to have them since the sauce would be way too salty for my diet. I think I will just ask my friends at Spice Place and I'll bet they can give me a fajita recipe that I can switch to low sodium. So who has a good fajita recipe?
Nov 1  # 2 of 12
JP fajita's (or the meat for fajitas) are seasoned with fresh lemon or lime juice and peppers, garlic and onions. I do not think that they need the pkg'd seasoning at all. Once you add the sauteed veggies to the meat the flavor is there!
Nov 1  # 3 of 12
I don't make a Fajita sauce. I just marinate either my chicken breast or beef.
My marinade doesn't have any salt.

I start with about a half cup of a simple vinagrette, just oil and vinegar whisked together.
The juice of 2 lemons and 2 limes and the zest from 1 of each
A couple cloves of minced garlic, a couple good pinches of red pepper flakes, a tablespoon of chili powder, a couple sprigs of cilantro, 1/2tsp of sugar and 2 tbls of cornstarch. Mix everything really well.

I marinate the chicken for about an hour and for beef, usually over night. Make sure to turn and coat several times when marinating. Some cuts of beef for fajitas can be very tough no matter how it is sliced and this marinade really tenderizes it.

I prefer to grill the chicken breast or beef over coals. Fajitas need that flame broiled flavor. Liquid smoke in the marinade and under the broiler works good if I can't grill.

To top the meat on the tortilla, I grill a few peppers, whole onions peeled, tomatoes and several large cloves of garlic with the skins on. Char them and then remove skins, I cut the veggies up into bite sized pieces and squeeze some lemon juice over them. I season with salt to taste and more fresh cilantro. With the lemon juice, not much salt is needed at all. I like my fajitas made this way but let everyone wrap their own. If they want more seasonings then they can help themselves.
Nov 2  # 4 of 12
That's exactly how I make mine with cheese of course, but I do like to add a little fajita sauce. side dishes consists of chili, black beans, seasoned rice, guacamole and sour cream.

The Ironic Chef ...."I grill a few peppers, whole onions peeled, tomatoes and several large cloves of garlic with the skins on, Char them and then remove skins, and more fresh cilantro then add some lemon juice [for me I prefer not to use salt, because most of our foods contains salt] but if you prefer go right ahead, The above information is perfect to place on top of grilled fish. ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS, takes the fresh taste or smell from the fish. I usually add a touch of cajun seasoning.
Nov 2  # 5 of 12
another marinade:

2 cups pineapple juice
1 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic

Ancho Chile-Beef Fajitas with Mango

To prepare a guacamole side dish, combine
3/4 cup chopped avocado
1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion,
2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro, 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper, mashing to desired consistency.

Serve immediately with baked tortilla chips.

Yield 2 servings

1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
3/4 teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (8-ounce) beef tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
1/2 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
1/2 cup thinly sliced mango
1 plum tomato, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
4 (6-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
2 tablespoons prepared salsa
2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream

1. Combine lime juice, chile powder, Worcestershire, and cumin in a medium
bowl. Add beef; toss well.

2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and
bell peppers to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until onion is almost tender,
stirring occasionally. Add mango and tomato to pan; sauté 1 minute. Add beef mixture; sauté 2 minutes or until desired degree of doneness, stirring
occasionally. Add soy sauce; cook 15 seconds. Remove from heat; stir in
cilantro.

3. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Place 2 tortillas on each
of 2 plates; top each tortilla with about 3/4 cup beef mixture. Top each
tortilla with 1 1/2 teaspoons prepared salsa and 1 1/2 teaspoons sour cream.