Sep 5  # 1 of 6
Ingredients:

3/4 C peanut butter
1 1/2 C confectioners sugar

Mix well. Put 3/4 amount in baked pie shell. Reserve rest of mixture for topping.

Pudding:
4 1/2 Tbls. corn starch
1/3 C sugar
3 tsp. butter
3 C milk
4 eggs - separated

Directions:

Mix corn starch, sugar and butter, then add small amount of milk and the egg yolks. Mix well. Add rest of milk. Cook until thick. Pour over peanut butter mixture. Top with meringue with rest of peanut butter mixture sprinkled on top. Bake in 425 degree oven until golden brown.:):)
Sep 8  # 2 of 6
Hi,

Peanut Butter Pie Recipe:
1/4 cup of butter or margarine
2 cups of finely crushed creme filled chocolate sandwich cookies
1 8 oz package of Creme Cheese, softened
1 cup of smooth peanut butter
1 14 ounce can of EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated)
3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup of whipped cream
Sep 8  # 3 of 6
OMG, James, I'm getting a sugar high just reading the ingredients for your version of the peanut butter pie - but I'll bet it's absolutely delicious! Being a diabetic I won't dare try it though - as I'm really not able to try my version too often and only for family - not me! Thanks. :):)
Sep 8  # 4 of 6
Katie - can you use a sugar substitute equivalent to the measure of sugar?
Sep 8  # 5 of 6
Good morning, Mama - Yes, I probably could but actually, it's not the sugar that does me in nearly as much as the peanut butter does! I use a meter twice a day and have discovered a rather dramatic jump in blood sugar every time I eat peanut butter, so in my catering I usually just try and turn a blind eye and a clenched fist and simply don't indulge at all. Sure miss out on a good many yummy things doing that but it's the price one pays for having diabetes! I've wondered if Nutella might make a difference but haven't checked it out yet.:eek: