PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE Hot Cocoa
Ingredients:

2 tablespoons sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons HERSHEY'S Cocoa
Dash salt
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Mix sugar, cocoa and salt in large mug. Heat milk in microwave at HIGH (100%) 1-1/2 minutes or until hot. Gradually add hot milk to cocoa mixture in mug, stirring until well blended. Stir in vanilla. 1 serving. VARIATIONS: Rich and Adult: Increase cocoa to 2 tablespoons; follow recipe above. Lower Fat: Use nonfat milk; follow recipe above. Sugar Free: Omit sugar. Combine cocoa and salt. Proceed as above, using nonfat milk. Stir in vanilla and sugar substitute with sweetening equivalence of 2 tablespoons sugar.
Oct 16  # 2 of 2
I used to make this all the time when I was a kid. As an adult though I have found that I do not like it any more. I am thinking about making the following hot cocoa mix and packaging it up really pretty in mason jars to give as Christmas gifts. Maybe I'll make home made candy canes to go with it.

Ingredients

* 10 cups dry milk powder
* 4 3/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
* 1 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 3/4 cups powdered non-dairy creamer

Directions

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine milk powder, confectioner's sugar, cocoa powder, and creamer. Stir till thoroughly combined. Store cocoa mixture in an airtight container. Makes about 15 cups mix, or enough for about 45 servings.
2. For 1 serving, place 1/3 cup cocoa mixture in a coffee cup or mug, and add 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir to dissolve. Top with dollop of whipped cream or a few marshmallows, if desired.