What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giant Ice Cream Sandwich

jglass

Giant Ice Cream Sandwich

Ingredients

2 (20 ounce) packages brownie mix
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
1/2 cup English toffee bits or 1/2 cup almond brickle chips

CHOCOLATE SAUCE

1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions

1. Prepare the brownie mixes according to package directions, adding chocolate morsels to batter.
2. Pour into two greased 9-inch springform pans or two 9-inch round cake pans.
3. Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
4. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Freeze for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
6. Spoon ice cream on top of one brownie layer; top with toffee bits and second brownie layer. Wrap in plastic wrap; freeze until set.
May be frozen for up to 2 months.
7. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
8. For chocolate sauce, combine milk, butter and chocolate morsels in a saucepan. Heat until morsels are melted; stir until smooth.
9. Stir in confectioners sugar and vanilla. Cut the ice cream sandwich into wedges; serve with chocolate sauce.

sounds like a great dinner! it's been so uncomfortably hot that you can't even boil water for tea - this would be a refreshing dinner and chocolate does make everything better - the only thing is - I'd have to go to the store and buy their lousy all ready made brownies - there is no way I am putting on the oven - I did for 15 minutes the other day and I thought I was going to die!

I've also done this using a blondie recipe with butterscotch chips in it - and I used that butterfinger ice cream for the filling - and topped with butterscotch topping for a nice touch - then I sprinkled with the butterfinger pieces - now that really did the trick!

Back