Sep 24  # 1 of 4
Fall is in the air and w/ tailgating, holidays and chilly-weather game-nights just around the corner I had to share this fantastic recipe that not only is perfect for placing a bowl of on the poker-table, but it's also a great thing to put in jars or tins to give out as gifts!

I swiped the recipe from a Williams-Sonoma Thanksgiving Cookbook and am I ever glad I did! (The original recipe called for only cashews, peanuts and raisins but my version is slightly adapted- and you can even further adapt it to include your own preferred favs...)

Curried Nuts & Berries

vegetable spray

2 T. curry powder

1 t. black pepper

3/4 t. ground dry ginger

1/2 t. salt

1/2 t. sugar

1/4 t. white pepper

1/4 t.cayenne

1/8 t. cinnamon

2 egg whites

1-1/2 c. salt-roasted cashews

1/3 c. pecan halves

1/3 c. brazil nuts

1/3 c. hazelnuts

1 c. shelled sunflower seeds

1/4 c. sesame seeds

3/4 c. dried blueberries (reserve until later)

3/4 c. dried cranberries (reserve until later)

Pre-Heat oven to 375. Lightly but evenly spray metal cookie sheet.

In small bowl stir together all 8 spices, until very well-blended.

In a medium bowl whisk egg whites lightly until mixed but not frothy.

Dump in all nuts. Add spices. Stir well to coat. Scatter onto sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Stir to break up any clumps.

Return to oven to bake 10-12 more minutes, stirring 2-3 times during process.

Cool completely.

Store in air-tight container a full 24 hours before serving to let flavors marry. Stir in dried berries just prior to serving.

HINT: This will disappear! So hold a little bit back to hide, then produce when the first bowl you set out is gone- your poker buddies will think you're a total hero!
Sep 24  # 2 of 4
this sounds so good - and it's tailgating season - all us armchair quarterbacks love stuff like this!
Sep 24  # 3 of 4
Yes, I would have to hide that from myself. Sounds really good. I am gonna try it. Thanks Kevin. CF
Sep 28  # 4 of 4
I can't hide anything - I always know where it is!