Peach Upside-Down Pudding Cake
¼ cup butter or ¼ cup margarine, melted
1 ⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 (29 ounce) cans sliced yellow cling peaches, drained
1 package yellow cake mix
1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
¼ cup oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
nutmeg to taste
1. Combine butter and brown sugar and pour into 13x9-inch pan.
2. Arrange peaches on top.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in large bowl.
4. Beat at medium speed 4 minutes.
5. Spoon into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.
6. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
7. Invert onto platter, and cool completely.
8. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.