Aug 29  # 1 of 19
I know this sounds pretty stupid, but how do you make iced tea? Using the tea packs, not instant, of course.

See, my work gives us free coffee, hot choclate, and tea. Well, in interest of saving money and eating healthier, I gave up soda. But beyond putting the little tea bag into the glass, I don't know what I'm doing! I know you can add lemon and suger to it. I'd be making about a 32 oz cup at a time.

Thanks for helping me figure this out!
Aug 30  # 2 of 19
Pour enough boiling water (enough for at least one third the size of the pitcher) over tea bags (I tie them together after removing the papers and staples)--- usually for a 2 quart container I use about 4 bags, and let steep for about 15 minutes and remove the bags. Then add the rest of the water and/or sugar and stir. With time you'll get the hang of just how strong you like your tea. Hope this works----it's my mother-in-law's recipe and she's been making tea all her life. YOu can then either choose to add sugar or not.
Aug 30  # 3 of 19
I put 6 cups of water in a 2 quart sauce pan and heat to a boil. I take the pan off the heat, and set 5 or six tea bags (depending on my mood) into the pot, hanging the paper tab over the side, and set a timer for 5 minutes. Then I remove the tea bags from the water and squeeze the juice from the bags into the tea. If you like the tea sweetened with sugar, add sugar to taste, start with a 1/4 cup. Then let the tea cool about 15 minutes and pour into a plastic pitcher and refrigerate until chilled. If in a hurry, use 8 or nine tea bags, add a little more sugar, and pour into a pitcher that is about 1/3 filled with ice.

At the office, I think you could adapt to using a large coffee mug with 2 tea bags to make the tea, and then let the tea cool some and pour over a glass of ice.

Add lemon juice, lemon wedge, and fresh mint to taste.
Aug 30  # 4 of 19
I just add the tea bag to my glass - you have to get the right kind of tea though. Tazo works great, celestial seasonings doesn't.
Aug 30  # 5 of 19
Quote ButterSticks wrote:
I know this sounds pretty stupid, but how do you make iced tea? Using the tea packs, not instant, of course.

See, my work gives us free coffee, hot choclate, and tea. Well, in interest of saving money and eating healthier, I gave up soda. But beyond putting the little tea bag into the glass, I don't know what I'm doing! I know you can add lemon and suger to it. I'd be making about a 32 oz cup at a time.

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

Dear ButterSticks,

There are NO stupid questions on this site
everybody has to start somewhere----when I first married, my husband had to show me how to cook--so good luck with the tea---the other suggestions are equally great---that's what's so nice about a cooking forum.