Jul 2  # 1 of 24
Since I am on WW, I am trying to do things like make my own baked chips, especially sweet potato chips. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get them sliced thin enough with a knife, as it slips and the slices are always too thick or too thin. How can I get just-right, consistently thin slices of potato so that I can make tasty oven-baked chips? I'm sure there is a gadget somewhere that will enable me to do that.
Jul 2  # 2 of 24
There's a great thread started about homemade potato chips in another section. This was for regular potatoes but I would assume that some of the techniques would work well for sweet potatoes as well. Let us know what you find out!
Jul 7  # 3 of 24
I am lucky to have a hand slicer that I can use to slice potatoes as thick or thin as I want. It's a cheapie - under $10 - but it's nice for slicing potatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, etc. when I am in a hurry or have a lot to prepare. It's the type with the little hand gizmo that has little "fingers" protruding from it to hold the veggies in place and protect you from cutting yourself. And all the slices fall into the plastic container (which is not big enough at times - but it serves its purpose!)
Jul 7  # 4 of 24
Thanks for the tips! Sounds like I have yet another kitchen gadget to purchase. :D
Aug 31  # 5 of 24
well darnit - i just sold one of these things on ebay -- check there -- they have french fry cutters and tater chip cutters.

Usually I just use a really sharp knife. I'm cheap like that. LOL