What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What meats will you serve for Christmas?

L

lcsamano

This year we are having ham for Christmas. However, I need to get another meat. We are not really turkey people so turkey has been ruled out. I was thinking about a roast or even a rack of pork.

We're having ham and chicken and noodles. My mom hates making a turkey, so she'll avoid it almost all costs.

We have had christmas every year of my life at grandmas and this year its at mums. I fly down there on saturday and because mum hates cooking I will be doing most of it. Im thinking pork, but I wouldnt mind doing some seafood on the barbecue with lots of yummy salads and vegies. MMM...

we usually make roast beef each year in addition to other meat and all the homemade pasta - we get a big one and then make a big batch of gravy and freeze packages of sliced beef in gravy for future meals or for sandwiches

hmm, something light that's white meat?

i guess grilled fish would be good?

cos of all the heavy eating during christmas and all the different food,
it might be good to have some lighter food?

hmm, something light that's white meat?

i guess grilled fish would be good?

cos of all the heavy eating during christmas and all the different food,
it might be good to have some lighter food?

That is true. I can't believe all the goodies and heavy foods that are consumed during this holiday. People at my work have been bring in goodie after goodie. I might have to buy a pair of larger pants after the holidays...LOL.

We're also having ham, chicken and pork. Hot chocolate on Christmas Eve and some quezo de bola (ball of cheese). Some pasta too. And maybe a standby ambulance just in case jk!

We're having turkey; we always do. I like smoked turkey the best, but ham is good also. I think some people do a beef tenderloin or the like at Christmas, which would also be very nice.

This year we are having ham for Christmas. However, I need to get another meat. We are not really turkey people so turkey has been ruled out. I was thinking about a roast or even a rack of pork.

We had turkey.

We ended up just having ham. My mom had cooked the chicken the night before for the chicken and noodles and it had gone bad :( So, the dogs had a nice meal on Christmas.

Well, since Christmas is over, I might as well share what we actually had this Christmas regardless of what we planned. We had breaded chicken, roasted chicken, spiced ham, and buttered shrimps--ALL MEAT. :)

Back