Nov 24  # 1 of 19
If so, let me know and we'll fix you up...
Looking for a specific game type, just ask...
Yum:
Nov 25  # 2 of 19
I've got several hundred of them myself, Doug, not to mention the ones in wild game cookbooks. So we could probably get quite a thread going.
Nov 25  # 3 of 19
My husband got a doe and a buck over the weekend. How about some deer steak recipes? He usually has the meat made into "Summer" sausage. Any way to serve that other than with cheese and crackers?
Thanks for an interesting post.
Nov 26  # 4 of 19
For simple things like steak, just treat it like very lean beef. But watch the cooking times; venison has little fat, so it can dry out quickly. And maybe add some fat in the form of bacon.

How you cook it depends, too, on where the steaks were cut. Obviously, the loin will be more tender than the rump.

As for the sausage, instead of actual crackers, run the changes on some of the root veggies. Jicama, turnips, etc., sliced thin, make great platforms for things like summer sausage.
Dec 5  # 5 of 19
First wash and rinse steaks, then soak them in lemon juice/water mixture until ready to cook. When ready to cook, rinse steaks and pat dry; sprinkle liberally with lemon pepper seasoning and garlic powder and onion powder.

Dredge the seasoned steak in flour then brown in hot oil in an iron skillet until nicely browned on both sides. Place steaks into a crock-pot; pour in enough boiling water to cover steaks then add 3 beef boullion cubes and 1/2 cup freshly diced onion and 1 tsp. dried parsley. Place lid on crock pot set heat to high and cook 6 to 8 hours.

This makes a nice gravy and I serve mine over rice. The meat melts in your mouth! It is so tasty, and has no strong gamey taste!